This tool head is balanced center of mass, where the handle hole is. Grub-hoe blade twice as wide as traditional Pulaski. Blades are replaceable as they wear. Stainless screws in blade guard for attaching an emergency handle sapling to 2 holes in tool. We have crews on their 5th set of new blades on their same old core plugs. This truly is a forever Pulaski. This tool addressed the main weaknesses in the traditional Pulaski. We balanced it. We widened the grub-hoe blade, lengthened the handle. Made it so the tool would not shear where metal met the wood. Made it so the tool would never slide off the handle. Made the blades replaceable. Gave two screws to always have the option of making an emergency handle if its handle was lost.
Features of the Magnum Pulaski include:
- Shear strength – the Magnum Pulaski is three times stronger than the traditional Pulaski.
- Longer Handle – When attached to the Universal Handle (sold separately), the Magnum Pulaski is 37 inches; the old Pulaski is 34 inches.
- Balance made safer by putting fulcrum at center hole for tool handle.
- Wide grub-hoe blade.
- Axe and grub-hoe blades are replaceable when they wear down, a true “forever” tool
- Pulaski tool head is held to the Universal Handle by thick square threads and spring locking pin.
- Magnum Pulaski can be safely stowed in the safety pouch [link to accessories] on outside of line fire pack.
- Bungee-connected tool guards for blades far safer than traditional tool guards.
- Two stainless screws are stored in bungee webbing for use in making an emergency handle from a sapling. Two holes are drilled in the Magnum Pulaski Head to allow for this option.